To be a great rock and pop musician you need to develop a range of important
musical skills – from performing with flair, to improvising and picking up new
songs quickly. Trinity College London’s Rock & Pop exams aredesigned to help
you develop these skills and take your musicianship to the next level.
This book has been produced to help candidates prepare for the session skills
test, an important part of each Rock & Pop exam. Candidates may choose from
either playback or improvising to demonstrate a broad range of skills on their
- Guidance on how to approach playback and improvising tests at Initial, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
- Encourages the development of a broad range of musical skills with invaluable hints and tips for students preparingfor a Rock & Pop exam.
- Contains 10 examples of both playback and improvising tests for each grade.
- Includes an accompanying CD for candidates to practise the tests as they would be presented in the exam.
- Ideal for students preparing for Trinity’s Rock & Pop exams.