This book brings together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads, to support ABRSM?s Grade 5 Flute syllabus from 2022.
Nine pieces in a range of styles, chosen from Lists A, Band C
Classic repertoire and newly commissioned pieces and arrangements
Scales and arpeggios, and sample sight-reading tests, for requirements from the current syllabus
Audio performances of the nine pieces by expert musicians, plus accompaniment-only tracks for use when practising (download code included in the book)
The Exam Pack is an ideal resource for preparation for ABRSM?s Practical Grade 5 Flute exam, as well as providing an excellent toolkit for the general development of technical skills at this level.
- Vivace (second movement from Sonata in B minor, Op. 1 No. 9 (HWV 367b)) [George Frideric Handel]
- Minuet (No. 2 from Suite in A, Op. 144) [Cecil ArmstrongGibbs]
- Gigue (No. 3 from Trois petites pi?ces) [Augusta Holm?s]
- Allegro moderato (first movement from Sonatine) [Claude Arrieu]
- Intermezzo (from Cavalleria rusticana), arr. Alan Bullard [Pietro Mascagni]
- Out Walking [Errollyn Wallen]
- Tico-tico no fub?, arr. Nikki Iles [Zequinha de Abreu]
- American Pye [Sally Adams]
- Mazurka, Op. 7 No. 1, arr. Emil Prill [Fryderyk Chopin]