This book brings together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads, to support ABRSM?s Grade 3 Flute syllabus from 2022.
Nine pieces in a range of styles, chosen from Lists A, Band C
Classic repertoire and newly commissioned pieces and arrangements
Scales and arpeggios, and sample sight-reading tests, for requirements from the current syllabus
Audio performances of the nine pieces by expert musicians, plus accompaniment-only tracks for use when practising (download code included in the book)
The Exam Pack is an ideal resource for preparation for ABRSM?s Practical Grade 3 Flute exam, as well as providing an excellent toolkit for the general development of technical skills at this level.
- Prelude (from Te Deum, H. 146) [Marc-Antoine Charpentier]
- Study in F (No. 7 from 30 ?tudes faciles et progressivespour la fl?te) [Giuseppe Gariboldi]
- Tiptoe and Tango [Sarah Watts]
- Mazurka (No. 10 from Brimborions, Op. 138) [Aleksandr Tikhonovich Grechaninov]
- Distant Shores (No. 6 from 42 More Modern Studies for Solo Flute) [James Rae]
- Pokarekare Ana, arr. Alan Bullard [Trad. Maori, attrib. P. H. Tomoana]
- Blanche-Neige au bois dormant (No. 5 from Fantaisies) [Octave Juste]
- The St Louis Rag, arr. David Blackwell [Tom Turpin]
- He’s a Pirate (from Pirates of the Caribbean), arr. AlanBullard [Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt & Geoff Zanelli]