Sassmannshaus Early Start on the Cello Volume 4
A cello method for children.
For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for
excellence in beginner string methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million
students have successfully learned to play string instruments using this publication.
The publication of the four violin books in 2008 in a fully adapted English version has been a big
On the back of this success story B_renreiter has now published the four books for cello in a newly
adapted version for todays English speaking children.
What makes this cello method so unique?
- The leading German cello method now available in English.
- Large print notes and texts as well as many colourful illustrations are ideal for pre-school as
well as school children.
- Note reading is emphasised from the first lesson, encouraging ensemble playing from the very
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily mastered within the first year of playing to ensure
that children are not confined to first position playing.
- Advanced cello techniques such as varied bow strokes and shifting are introduced in a basic form
Familiar Songs In Second And Third Positions
The Scale Assembly Plan
Keys With Several Accidentals
Exploring Higher Positions