Haydn - At the Piano (Henle)
Haydn’s piano sonatas are indispensable in the moderately difficult piano repertoire – not just because of their sheer playability, but also because of their humour and inventiveness. Besides several easy individual movements, Henle volumes also include two complete sonatas so that the performer can experience the broader dramatic trajectory of a multi-movement work. Henle also include some charming arrangements for piano that Haydn made of his own works – such as the slow movement of his String Quartet op. 76 no. 3, whose theme is better known today as the German national anthem.
A fabulous urtext edition, for the first time printed in English. A great addition to add to any pianist's collection.
Includes 8 well-known original pieces:* Allegretto G major (after an aria from "La vera costanza")
* Allegretto and Presto G major (after Hob. III:41IV)
* Largo assai in E after Hob. III:74II
* Poco adagio G major - after the variations on "Gott erhalte" Hob. III:77II
* Piano Sonata g minor Hob. XVI:44
* Piano Sonata D major Hob. XVI:37
* 1st movement: Presto from Sonata e minor Hob. XVI:34
* 3rd movement: Finale. Tempo di Minuet from Sonata Hob. XVI:49