Beethoven - At the Piano (Henle)
Sorry, this title is out of stock.
Click here to let us know!
Beethoven’s 32 piano sonatas are the “New Testament” of music, according to Hans von Bülow. Henle's selection does not take things quite so solemnly, taking the opportunity to show the more “worldly” side of the composer, with dances, bagatelles, the unusual character piece “Lustig und traurig” (“Happy and sad”), and of course the indestructible “Für Elise”.
In this series “At the piano”, all the pieces are arranged progressively from easy to medium level of difficulty. You do not have to be in awe of Beethoven’s piano sonatas either: the highly Classical sonata in G major (essentially a sonatina) offers an ideal introduction to the many-facetted world of Beethoven’s sonatas. Beethoven is also shown as a poet at the piano, with the first movement of his “Moonlight” Sonata in c-sharp minor, along with the funeral march from the Sonata in A-flat major – visionary creations that already point far ahead into the world of Romanticism.
A fabulous urtext edition, for the first time printed in English. A great addition to add to any pianist's collection.
Includes 9 well-known original pieces!* Piano Piece "Lustig und traurig" WoO 54
* 6 Ecossaises WoO 83
* Bagatelle (Für Elise) a minor WoO 59
* Piano Sonata G major op. 49,2
* Adagio sostenuto from: Sonata c sharp minor (Moonlight) op. 27,2
* 9 Piano Variations on "Quant' è più bello" from La Molinara by Paisiello A major WoO 69
* Marcia funebre from: Sonata in A flat major op. 26
* Bagatelle G major op. 126,1
* Bagatelle G major op. 126,5
* Piano Sonata E major op. 14,1